Guest Blogger: Winery Advisor
Printable PDF Version
More Fans – More Interactions – More Sales
Why do we want more fans?
Every time a fan comments, “likes” or interacts with your fan page there is a good chance it will be broadcasted to the News Feed of all of their Facebook Friends. Lots of interactions will signal to Facebook that this is important information and it will be included on a fan’s News Feed. Each fan can have hundreds or even thousands of Friends. If only 10 of your fans interact with an event notice, photo, video or simple text type message, that information can show up on thousands of peoples Facebook News Feeds — and can be furthered shared with multiple levels of additional friends. This is how your information, special offer or call to action, can go “viral” spreading quickly to many people.
Seven Ways to Grow Your Facebook Fans
- Have multiple influential users invite all of their friends to become fans of the page. If you can get 20 people each to invite 100 users, and encourage these users to invite their own friends, your fans will quickly grow. Use incentives if necessary – contests, rewards for joining, etc.
- Leverage your other online resources including email lists, websites, blogs and any other place you have a digital presence. Start to call them to action to join your fan page. Add Facebook links to the homepage of your websites, add a link in employee emails, place links in your email and newsletter marketing. The key is to funnel enough subscribers to the page where a natural cycle of growth begins by virtue of more people becoming fans.
- Leverage your “offline” media. Include promotions and calls to action in your printed advertising, brochures, press releases and telephone messages.
- Make special announcements on Facebook first creating a place for the most up-to-date information. Give people a reason to Like you!
- Offer “exclusive to Facebook Fans” discounts and invitations. This can be done with coupon codes, mentions in your tasting room or business or using QR codes or matrix barcodes. (To get a free QR code for your business, contact us.)
- Consider targeted Facebook and Google advertising. This can give your page a quick boost of fans. Targeted ads focus on your potential customers.
- Continually update page content. More content on the page is going to be more content for users to interact with. Users’ consistently engaging with fresh content is the key component to growth. By reaching into the news streams of individual users your brand can start to grow fast if your content is worth reacting to.
Don’t forget to leverage the new Facebook Timeline format. Communicate directly with Fans, promote your brand with custom pages and sell wine and wine industry products via Facebook!
Winery Advisor – Social Media Development, Internet Marketing, Online Advertising, Mobile Websites
email@example.com | 805.543.1363 | 1241 Johnson Ave. #230 | San Luis Obispo, CA 93401